Today SIFCo released their new & upgraded SVLLSWPP.
The plan consists of two maps and a full report.
Our Forestry Supervisor Tom Bradley has been working to complete the two new & Upgraded maps of our SVLLSWPP. One depicts our Projects in the North section of our Tenure and the other is based in the South section.
Some of the things highlighted in the maps are:
- Landscape Level Strategic Breaks
- Strategic Fire Break Designation
- Our completed WUI management areas
- Areas with low fuel loads & untreatable areas
- Proposed WUI areas
- 2018/2019 funded WUI areas
The report, written by both Stephan Martineau (manager) & Tom Bradley (forestry supervisor) outlines SIFCo's proposed plan of action for the Slocan valley in regard to wild fire protection for the communites that reside with in it.
To download the report click here>
To download MAP 1 click here>
To download MAP 2 click here>